Tomas Frias Autonomous University. It is an institution of Higher Education that is located in the city of Potosí, department of Potosí, in Bolivia. It was officially founded on October 15, 1892. Check foodanddrinkjournal for more universities.
Foundation and autonomy
The operation of the Free Faculty of Law from the year of 1876, subordinated to the Cancelariato de Chuquisaca, is the first antecedent for the birth of the UATF. Officially, the Potosina University was born by Law of October 15, 1892, by Decree-Law of October 8, 1937, the autonomy of the university district of Potosí was recognized, being the first Autonomist Rector Dr. Alberto Saavedra Nogales.
The Autonomous University “Tomás Frías” for the fulfillment of its vision, is dedicated to:
- To train professionals of excellence, with a critical, social and humanistic conscience; creative and competitive, with the capacity for technical and social transformation of the field of action of their profession.
- Actively participate in the processes of integration and internationalization of Higher Education, contributing and taking advantage of opportunities for mutual cooperation and use, which allows the institution to adapt to the demands of the universal development of Education.
- Sustain departmental leadership in Higher Education, dynamically adapting to the evolution of the context, strengthening University Autonomy and Co-government, continuously modernizing its structures and processes.
- Offer high-quality technical and professional training services, without discrimination based on sex, age, religion or race; for the development of creative, competitive qualities and ethical and patriotic values of the students, whose skills are aimed at becoming agents of departmental and national development.
- Actively promote departmental and national sustainable economic development; offering training services, technical assistance and appropriate technologies to the productive sectors, institutions and public and private social sectors; through the development of research and social interaction, generating, adapting and transferring science and technology, to improve the productivity and quality of production and services.
- Actively participate in the human development of the department, strengthening departmental basic, alternative and continuing education, as well as in improving health conditions, identified with the right of the people to better living conditions.
- Recover, preserve and disseminate the departmental artistic and cultural heritage, source of the history of the man of the Andes and profile of multicultural human characteristics.
Faculties and careers
- musical Arts
- Plastic arts
Agricultural and livestock sciences
- Agricultural – Villazon
- Rural development
Financial and administrative economic sciences
- Business Administration
- Public Accounting – Audit
- Accounting and Finance
- Informatics Engineering
Social and humanistic sciences
- Social work
- Linguistics and Languages
- Civil Engineering
- Civil constructions
- Geodesy and Topography
- Systems engineer
- Geological Engineer
- Environmental Engineer
- Mining Engineering
- Raw Material and Mineral Process Engineering
- Electric engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Medical career