The TOEFL iBT and revised TOEFL Paper-delivered tests are offered in this location.
The list below shows testing regions, fees and dates as of February 15, 2019, but availability may change when you register. Fees are shown in US$ and are subject to change without notice.
|Region||Testing Format||Fee||Test Dates|
|Mandalay (Code: H307)||TOEFL Paper Testing||$180||Sat., Nov 10, 2018|
|Sat., Feb 16, 2019
Sat., Feb 23, 2019
Sat., Apr 06, 2019
Sat., Apr 13, 2019
Sat., May 11, 2019
Sat., Jun 01, 2019
Sat., Jul 06, 2019
|Yangon (Code: H302)||TOEFL Paper Testing||$180
|Sat., Oct 13, 2018
Sat., Feb 09, 2019
The Union of Myanmar is a republic in rear India with Naypyidaw as its capital. Burma (English) and Burma (German) are also known as the state name. Great Britain called Burma its former colonial area, derived from Bamar, the name of the predominant ethnic group, the Burmese. The official state name Myanmar (from 1989) is a linguistic retransmission by the military government at the time. However, the opposition at the time did not recognize this renaming, which is why both terms are used in parallel in international usage today.
Myanmar’s core area is the lowlands through which the Irrawaddy , Chindwin and Sittang rivers flow. The Irrawaddy flows into the Andaman Sea in a wide delta. In the west, north and east the lowlands are bordered by mountain ranges and highlands in the shape of a horseshoe. In the south, Myanmar extends in a narrow strip to the Malay Peninsula. The tropical climate is determined by the monsoons with pronounced rainy and dry seasons. Tropical cyclones keep coming across the Indian Ocean.
Compared to other Southeast Asian countries, Myanmar has a low population density. The main settlement area is the lowlands. The Burmese make up the majority and state people. Their culture is shaped by Buddhism. Other ethnic groups settle in the peripheral areas and mountain regions. They are divided into seven groups: Shan , Karen , Rakhine (also Arakan), Mon , Kachin , Chin and Kayah (also Karenni). However, since the state independence (1948) from the colonial ruler Great Britain, the multi-ethnic state has grown into constant conflicts with separatist and rebel organizations, especially the Kachin, Karen and Shan. In the rakhin state there has been massacre of the Muslim Rohingya since the late 1970s. Larger evictions from 2017 onwards led to international sanctions.
The military is a crucial political factor. It came to power several times: in 1962, 1988 and again in February 2021, which ended the slow democratization (from 2008). This period is mainly associated with the politician Aung San Suu Kyi.
Myanmar has rich natural resources, especially metal ores, precious stones and natural gas, but is a developing country. In addition to the processing of food, the textile industry experienced a strong boom in the 2010s with the help of foreign capital in special economic zones, as did tourism.
- COUNTRYAAH: National flag of Myanmar. Includes the year when the flag was designed and formally used. Also covers its meaning and downloadable high definition image.
- Official name: Republic of the Union of Myanmar
- License plate: MYA
- ISO-3166: MM, MMR (104)
- Internet domain:.mm
- Currency: 1 kyat (K) = 100 pyas
- Area: 676 590 km²
- Population (2018): 53.7 million
- Capital: Naypyidaw
- Official language (s): Burmese
- Form of government: Presidential Republic
- Administrative division: 7 states and 7 provinces (divisions)
- Head of State: President Win Myint
- Religion (s) (2014): 88% Buddhists; 6% Christians, 4% Muslims, 2% others / not specified
- Time zone: Central European Time +5.5 hours
- National Day: January 4th
Location and infrastructure
- Location (geographical): Southeast Asia
- Position (coordinates): between 10 ° and 28 ° 30 ‘north latitude and 92 ° and 101 ° east longitude
- Climate: monsoon climate
- Highest mountain: Hkakabo Razi (5,881 m)
- Road network (2013): 157,000 km
- Railway network (2008): 5 031 km
- Annual population growth (2020): 0.9%
- Birth rate (2020): 17 per 1000 residents.
- Death rate (2020): 7.2 per 1000 residents.
- Average age (2020): 29.2 years
- Average life expectancy (2020): 69.3 years (men 67.7; women 71.1)
- Age structure (2020): 26% younger than 15 years, 6% older than 65 years
- Literacy rate (15-year-olds and older) (2016): 75.6%
- Mobile phone contracts (pre-paid and post-paid) (2017): 90 per 100 residents
- Internet users (2017): 31 per 100 residents
- GDP per capita (2018): US $ 1,298
- Total GDP (2018): US $ 69 billion
- GNI per capita (2018): US $ 1,310
- Education expenditure (2017): 2.2% of GDP
- Military expenditure (2018): 2.9% of GDP
- Unemployment rate (15 years and older) (2017): 0.8%
From 1974 to 2010, the national flag was a red cloth with a blue upper corner on the leech, inside a white ring of teeth, covered with a rice ear and surrounded by 14 white stars. In 2010 the country received a new national flag on the basis of the constitution adopted in a referendum in 2008. It is striped yellow-green-red horizontally with a five-pointed white star in the center.
With the new constitution, the previous coat of arms was also replaced. It consisted of a blue disc surrounded by ears of rice, on which was a white gear (symbol for industry) with 14 teeth, which represent the 7 states of the Union and 7 provinces. A red outline drawing of the country was depicted on it. Above the coat of arms lay the white five-pointed star of the earlier independence movement, outside the coat of arms two blue mythical lions as embodiment of wisdom in the exercise of power and the tape with the country’s name. The color of the new coat of arms has been changed significantly. The lions were given a golden color, as was the outline of the country on a red disc surrounded by golden ears of rice. The gear was omitted.
The national holiday on January 4th commemorates the gaining of independence in 1948.