Tag Archives: Study in Saudi Arabia

Saudi Arabia became an independent kingdom in 1932, from the union of the kingdoms of Neged (Najd) and Higiaz (Al-Hêijāz) and the emirates of ‘Asīr, Najrān and Al Hasa. It is a monarchy in which the sovereign holds absolute power even if in the last decade of the century. XX there have been major transformations. Since March 1992, a fundamental law has been in force which gives the king the role of prime minister with the power to appoint other ministers. The same law provides that the king appoints an Advisory Council (Majlis ash-Shoura), of 120 members, with the task of assisting him in domestic and foreign policy decisions. On the death of King Fahd in August 2005, the throne passed to Abdullah Ibn Abd-el Aziz, the new ruler and “keeper of the holy mosques” (Mecca and Medina). In the same year, for the first time, the right to vote was exercised, limited to male citizens. Sunni Islam is the religion of the state, whose dictates also apply as civil law. shari’ah), administered by religious courts, provides for the death penalty for a different series of crimes (80-100 estimated executions each year). The armed forces are supported by a Border Guard and the National Guard. US operational troops, present in Saudi Arabia since 1991, after the Gulf War, they left the country in 2003. The existence of nomadic tribes makes schooling difficult; Moreover, there is no law that obliges it (while religious instruction is compulsory), nor that establishes the age for entering school. A powerful literacy campaign, launched in 1955, reduced the number of illiterates to 14.5% (2008). In schools there is a separation between boys and girls. Primary school lasts six years, secondary school spans the same number of years and prepares for university courses. Higher education, which is now divided into all major university disciplines, is taught in the universities of Riyadh, Giddah (the two main ones), of Ad-Dammām and Hofuf; a higher institute for mining research also operates in Dhahran. There are also Islamic universities in Medina, Riyadh and Mecca, where theological studies are carried out. According to COUNTRYAAH, Saudi Arabia is a nation in Western Asia, the capital city of which is Riyadh. The latest population of Saudi Arabia is 34,813,882. ACEINLAND: Lists and descriptions of main religions and beliefs in Saudi Arabia, including religion demographics and statistics on Christianity, Islam, Judaism, etc.
Saudi Arabia has a population density of 12 residents / km², one of the lowest in Asia, but the distribution of the population on the territory is not homogeneous: the northern provinces, Al-Jawf, Northern Border (Al-Hudūd ash- Shamālīyah) and Tabūk and the extended Eastern province (Ash-Sharqīyah) have a density even lower than the national average. The population is made up of two large ethnic groups: the Saudi one (74.8%) and the Yemeni one (13.2%); There are also groups of Asians (6.5%) and blacks (1.5%) in the country. Saudi Arabia is a country of ancient populations that still retains, to a large extent, the original ethnic element; the less pure populations are found on the coastal strips where African and Iranian infiltrations have mainly occurred. Nomadism and sedentary lifestyle centered in the oases are kabilah), the same ones that existed at the time of Muhammad’s preaching, which is responsible for their unification from a religious and cultural point of view. Nomads now represent a small share of the population. Progress in cultivation techniques contribute to the depopulation of rural areas: in the primary sector, increasingly higher productivity is achieved with fewer employees. This depopulation phenomenon has led to a decrease in the workforce and also to the recourse to foreign workers. Since 1999, however, a policy of rigor has been applied towards irregular immigrants, who have been largely expelled (about 500,000 in one year). At the beginning of the century. XXI foreigners make up a fifth of the population, half of the active one. The expansion of the cities is quite recent, although a clearly Islamic urbanism, Mecca and Medina are in this sense the two most typical and ancient cities of Islam. Urban centers are in continuous development and host 81.9% of the population (2008). In the center of the oasis bands and in the coastal areas there are towns with commercial or port functions; in recent times some of these towns, better favored than the modern communication routes, have increased their importance for different reasons; this is the case of Riyadh, which has become the capital of the country, of Hofuf, enhanced by the Riyadh-Ad-Dammām railway, of Gidda, base of pilgrimages to the holy places. Finally, there are the centers enhanced by oil activities, such as Dhahran and Ra’s Tannūrah.

Saudi Arabia 1980

Saudi Arabia in 1980: A Nation at the Crossroads In 1980, Saudi Arabia, located on the Arabian Peninsula in the Middle East, was undergoing a period of significant transformation and change. The country, known for its vast oil reserves and Islamic heritage, was at a crossroads as it grappled with economic, social, and political developments.… Read More »

Saudi Arabia 1981

In 1981, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia was a nation experiencing significant transformation and growth, driven by its vast oil reserves and ambitious development plans. Saudi Arabia, located on the Arabian Peninsula in the Middle East, was known for its rich cultural heritage, Islamic traditions, and rapidly modernizing economy. Geography: Saudi Arabia is the largest… Read More »

Saudi Arabia 1982

Saudi Arabia in 1982: A Nation at the Crossroads of Tradition and Modernization In 1982, Saudi Arabia stood at a critical juncture in its history, balancing a rich cultural heritage deeply rooted in Islamic traditions with a rapidly modernizing economy and society. As one of the world’s largest oil producers, the Kingdom was experiencing significant… Read More »

Saudi Arabia 1983

Saudi Arabia in 1983: A Nation in Transition In 1983, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, commonly known as Saudi Arabia, was a vast and rapidly developing country located in the Arabian Peninsula of Western Asia. This description provides an overview of Saudi Arabia in 1983, examining its political landscape, economy, society, and historical context. Political… Read More »

Saudi Arabia 1984

In 1984, Saudi Arabia was a Middle Eastern nation characterized by its vast desert landscapes, rich oil reserves, and adherence to Islamic traditions. The country was in the midst of a period of significant economic growth driven by its oil exports, and it played a prominent role in regional and global politics. Geographical and Political… Read More »

Saudi Arabia 1985

In 1985, Saudi Arabia, a vast and oil-rich kingdom located in the Middle East, was in a phase of economic development and transformation, shaped by its oil industry, conservative social norms, and strategic geopolitical position. The country’s social, economic, and political landscape was undergoing changes while maintaining its traditional values and cultural heritage. Economic Landscape:… Read More »

Saudi Arabia 1990

Population of Saudi Arabia in 1990 In 1990, the population of Saudi Arabia was estimated to be around 11.3 million people. This number had grown significantly since the 1970s due to a variety of factors, including a high birth rate and increased migration from other countries. The majority of the population lived in urban areas,… Read More »

Saudi Arabia 1986

Saudi Arabia in 1986: A Nation of Tradition and Modernization In 1986, Saudi Arabia, a vast and influential nation situated on the Arabian Peninsula, was at a crossroads between preserving its rich cultural heritage and embracing rapid modernization. The country’s unique blend of traditional values, historical significance, and evolving economic aspirations shaped its identity during… Read More »

Saudi Arabia 1987

In 1987, Saudi Arabia stood at a pivotal juncture in its history, characterized by a unique blend of tradition and modernization, religious conservatism, and regional influence. The nation, nestled in the Arabian Peninsula, was navigating a path between its rich cultural heritage and the push for economic diversification and development. Geopolitically, Saudi Arabia held a… Read More »

Saudi Arabia 1989

In 1989, Saudi Arabia, a vast and historically significant nation located in the Middle East, was experiencing a period of transformation and modernization while maintaining its deep-rooted cultural and religious traditions. The country, known for its expansive deserts, rich history, and Islamic heritage, was at a crossroads as it navigated economic development, geopolitical dynamics, and… Read More »

Saudi Arabia 1988

Saudi Arabia in 1988: A Time of Transformation and Challenges In the year 1988, Saudi Arabia found itself at a crucial juncture in its history. According to topb2bwebsites, the country was undergoing significant changes, both internally and externally, that would shape its trajectory in the years to come. From political and social transformations to economic… Read More »

Saudi Arabia 1991

Population of Saudi Arabia in 1991 In 1991, the population of Saudi Arabia was estimated to be approximately 12.9 million people. This population represented a mix of different ethnicities, religions, and cultures. The majority of the population (roughly 85%) were Arabs, while the remaining 15% consisted of other ethnic groups such as African, Indian, Pakistani,… Read More »

Saudi Arabia 1992

Population of Saudi Arabia in 1992 In 1992, Saudi Arabia had a population of around 17.1 million people. The majority of the population was made up of ethnic Arabs, who comprised about 90% of the total population. The remaining 10% was made up of various other ethnicities, including African, South Asian, and Middle Eastern. Most… Read More »

Saudi Arabia 1993

Population of Saudi Arabia in 1993 The population of Saudi Arabia in 1993 was estimated to be around 14.5 million people. Saudi Arabia is a large country, covering an area of over two million square kilometers, and is the 13th most populous country in the world. The majority of the population is concentrated in the… Read More »

Saudi Arabia 1994

Population of Saudi Arabia in 1994 In 1994, Saudi Arabia had a population of approximately 16.6 million people. The majority of the population was Arab (90%) with the remainder made up of African (3%), Asian (2%), and other ethnicities (5%). The majority of the population lived in urban areas, with Riyadh being the most populous… Read More »

Saudi Arabia Demographics

Saudi Arabia is a country located in the Middle East, bordered by Jordan, Iraq, Kuwait, the Red Sea, the Persian Gulf, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates. It has a population of over 33 million people and covers an area of 2.1 million square kilometers. The official language of Saudi Arabia is Arabic and the… Read More »

Saudi Arabia Foreign Trade

Saudi Arabia is a Middle Eastern country located in the Arabian Peninsula. It is bordered by Jordan, Iraq, Kuwait, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, Oman, Yemen and Bahrain. Saudi Arabia covers an area of approximately 2,149,690 square kilometers and has a population of 34 million people as of 2020. The official language is Arabic and… Read More »

Saudi Arabia Industry Sectors

According to programingplease, Saudi Arabia is bordered by seven countries, with a total land area of 2,149,690 km2. To the north lies Jordan and Iraq, with Kuwait located to the northeast. To the east lies Qatar and Bahrain across the Persian Gulf. To its south lies Yemen, and to its northwest lies the United Arab… Read More »

Top 10 Countries With The Largest Oil Reserves

There are a number of countries in the world that have proven oil reserves, the so-called proven oil reserves. That is to say that the oil reserves in these countries can almost certainly be extracted for commercial purposes in the future. This has been determined by analysis of geological and technical data. The overview is based on current… Read More »

Saudi Arabia Road Network

Highway 65 in Riyadh. According to wholevehicles, Saudi Arabia does not have a dense road network. Outside the big cities, one quickly arrives at the inhospitable deserts where hardly anyone lives. The country has a number of long-distance highways, such as Highway 40 that runs from Jeddah through Makkah and Riyadh to Damman on the… Read More »

Saudi Arabia Culture of Business

Subchapters: Introduction Addressing Business Meeting Communication Recommendations Public Holidays Introduction The culture of business negotiations in Saudi Arabia has its specifics. A number of features are similar to other countries in the region, but it is still a good idea to familiarize yourself with it before your trip. In particular, we recommend referring to the… Read More »

Saudi Arabia Basic Information

Basic information about the territory Subchapters: System of governance and political tendencies in the country Foreign policy of the country Population The system of governance and political tendencies in the country Official name: Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) Arabic in Czech transcription: Al Mamlaka Al Arabíja As Saúdía English: Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Saudi Arabia… Read More »

Saudi Arabia Population and Rights

Population and society According to Homosociety, there are about 30 million Saudis, 90% of whom are of Arab ethnicity, while the remaining 10% are made up of minorities of Turkish, Iranian, Indonesian, Indian and African descent. Although the population density per square kilometer is very low, the reference index marks sustained increases, thanks to a… Read More »

Saudi Arabia Economic Sectors

Business Saudi Arabia has 16% of the world’s oil reserves and is the world’s largest oil producer. This makes the OPEC founding member the most prosperous Arab country. The revenues from oil exports make up about 85% of the state budget. The gross national income (GNI) per resident grew to (2017) US $ 20,080 (1980:… Read More »

Saudi Arabia Economy

ECONOMY Economically, Saudi Arabia relies almost entirely on oil. Thanks to it, the country has recently been able to initiate a process of transformation that has been delayed only by the conservatism of the Wahhabi dynasty. The accession to the throne of King Fayṣal, however, marked a turning point in a progressive sense, leading to… Read More »