Tag Archives: Study in Paraguay

As a political creation, Paraguay draws its origin from the independence uprisings that shook the old dominions of Latin America at the beginning of the nineteenth century; however, it has struggled, more than the other republics born from the dissolution of the Spanish colonial empire, to reach a definitive settlement. Placed in the heart of the continent, in an area with unstable natural borders, with no outlet to the sea and no geographical unity other than that given by the vague link with the river that gives it its name, Paraguay found itself compressed between two neighbors too powerful, Brazil and Argentina, and for the crazy dreams of greatness of its dictators it was involved in long and bloody wars. A characteristic feature of Paraguay is the scarcity of population which, combined with the geographical position, absence of mineral resources and an autarchic and agro-pastoral national production has forced the country into a situation of chronic underdevelopment. Not even the macroeconomic maneuvers adopted in the twentieth century (opening to foreign markets, tax concessions for investments, joining the common market in the South) have not significantly affected the immobility of the socio-economic structure. This static nature has preserved the country from excessive imbalances in the distribution of resources, from forced urbanization and from social tensions; after a period of crisis in the nineties, the first years of the century. XXI saw Paraguay once again take up a path of economic growth that seems more lasting and constant. According to COUNTRYAAH, Paraguay is a nation in South America, the capital city of which is Asuncion. The latest population of Paraguay is 7,132,549. TRANSPORTHINT: Lists and descriptions of main religions and beliefs in Paraguay, including religion demographics and statistics on Christianity, Islam, Judaism, etc.
The astronomical position and the moderate influence of the winds coming from the sub-Atlantic anticyclone, together with the action of the cooler air masses tributaries from the S, give the country – crossed by the Tropic of Capricorn – a subtropical climate, which dominates almost uniformly over the whole territory, although progressive variations are recorded both from N to S (especially for temperatures), and from E to W (especially for rainfall). Temperatures are not very high on average (Asunción: 25-26 ºC); however, due to the continental nature of the country, considerable seasonal and daily temperature variations can be recorded, with maximums even higher than 40 ºC and minimums exceptionally below 0 ºC. Precipitation is brought by the Atlantic air masses during the austral summer months, from October to April, while during the winter months the air masses linked to the expansion of the Antarctic polar front are mainly felt, responsible for clear skies., pamperos). In the south-eastern section of the country, 1000-1400 mm of rain fall annually, values ​​that progressively decrease towards the NW, up to 500 mm and even less in the Chaco, a perennially semi-arid region.

Paraguay 1980

Paraguay in 1980: A Snapshot of a Landlocked Nation In 1980, Paraguay, a landlocked country in South America, found itself at a crossroads in its history. Nestled between Brazil, Argentina, and Bolivia, Paraguay was a nation with a rich and complex past, marked by periods of authoritarian rule, political instability, and economic challenges. According to… Read More »

Paraguay 1981

In 1981, Paraguay was a landlocked country in South America known for its unique political history, cultural heritage, and geographical features. Here’s an overview of Paraguay in 1981: Political Landscape: According to businesscarriers, Paraguay’s political landscape in 1981 was characterized by the long-standing rule of Alfredo Stroessner, who had been in power since 1954. Stroessner’s… Read More »

Paraguay 1982

Paraguay in 1982: A Comprehensive Overview Introduction: In 1982, Paraguay was a landlocked nation situated in the heart of South America. With a history marked by political turbulence and social challenges, this year was a significant point in the country’s ongoing journey toward stability and development. In this comprehensive overview, we will delve into the… Read More »

Paraguay 1983

In 1983, Paraguay was a landlocked country located in the heart of South America. It was a nation characterized by political upheaval, authoritarian rule, and a largely agrarian economy. This description provides an overview of Paraguay in 1983, including its political environment, economy, society, and key events during that time. Political Landscape: Authoritarian Rule: In… Read More »

Paraguay 1984

In 1984, Paraguay was undergoing a period of political transition and gradual change after decades of authoritarian rule. Located in the heart of South America, the country was dealing with the legacy of its past and seeking to establish a more open and democratic society. Political Landscape: In 1984, Paraguay was still emerging from the… Read More »

Paraguay 1985

In 1985, Paraguay stood as a landlocked and predominantly agricultural nation in the heart of South America, with a history marked by political turmoil, authoritarian rule, and a distinctive cultural heritage. Situated between Argentina, Brazil, and Bolivia, Paraguay’s geographical location played a role in shaping its socio-political landscape. At the time, Paraguay was emerging from… Read More »

Paraguay 1990

Population of Paraguay in 1990 In 1990, the population of Paraguay was estimated to be approximately 4.5 million people. This represented an increase of over 40% from the 1980 census, when the population was 3.2 million. Most of Paraguay’s population was concentrated in the eastern part of the country, where approximately 80% of all Paraguayans… Read More »

Paraguay 1986

In 1986, Paraguay was a landlocked country in South America, characterized by its rich history, cultural heritage, and political complexities. It was a nation in transition, emerging from a long period of military rule and striving to establish democratic governance. Here’s an overview of Paraguay in 1986: Political Landscape: During 1986, Paraguay was gradually moving… Read More »

Paraguay 1987

In 1987, Paraguay stood at a pivotal juncture in its history, marked by a blend of cultural heritage, political transformation, and economic challenges. Nestled in the heart of South America, the nation was undergoing a period of change while grappling with its past, shaping its future, and striving to define its identity on the global… Read More »

Paraguay 1989

Paraguay in 1989: Navigating Change and Democratic Transition The year 1989 marked a transformative period in the history of Paraguay, a landlocked nation located in the heart of South America. Paraguay, known for its unique cultural heritage, political struggles, and geographical diversity, was undergoing significant changes that would shape its future trajectory. Political Landscape and… Read More »

Paraguay 1988

In 1988, Paraguay, a landlocked country in South America, was undergoing significant political and social changes. It was a time of transition for the country, as it emerged from decades of military dictatorship and moved towards democracy. Here’s a closer look at Paraguay in 1988. Political Landscape: In 1988, Paraguay was under the authoritarian rule… Read More »

Paraguay 1991

Population of Paraguay in 1991 In 1991, the population of Paraguay was estimated to be 4.6 million people. The majority of the population (83%) were considered to be Mestizo, which is a mixture of Spanish and Indigenous ancestry. The remaining 17% consisted of other ethnic groups such as Guarani, German, Japanese, Korean and Brazilian. The… Read More »

Paraguay 1992

Population of Paraguay in 1992 The population of Paraguay in 1992 was estimated to be 4,818,000 people. The majority of the population was made up of mestizos (people of mixed European and Amerindian ancestry) who accounted for around 95% of the total population. The remaining 5% were mainly comprised of Amerindians, Asians and Europeans. The… Read More »

Paraguay 1993

Population of Paraguay in 1993 In 1993, the population of Paraguay was estimated to be around 4.6 million people. The majority of the population was made up of Mestizo and Amerindian ethnic groups, which accounted for around 85% of the total population. The remaining 15% was comprised primarily of European descendants, with small numbers of… Read More »

Paraguay 1994

Population of Paraguay in 1994 In 1994, the population of Paraguay was estimated to be around 4.4 million people. The majority of the population was concentrated in the eastern region of the country, with most living in towns and cities along the Paraguay River such as Asuncion, Ciudad del Este, Encarnacion, and Concepcion. The western… Read More »

Paraguay Demographics

Paraguay is a landlocked country in South America bordered by Argentina, Bolivia, and Brazil. It covers an area of 406,752 km2 (157,048 sq mi) and has a population of around 7 million people. The capital city is Asunción. The official language is Spanish and the currency is the Paraguayan guaraní. Paraguay is a tropical country… Read More »

Paraguay Foreign Trade

Paraguay is a landlocked country located in the heart of South America and bordered by Argentina, Brazil and Bolivia. The country is divided into two distinct regions: the eastern region, known as the Gran Chaco, and the western region, known as the Paraguayan Plateau. The Gran Chaco is largely made up of flat plains covered… Read More »

Paraguay Industry Sectors

According to philosophynearby, Paraguay is a landlocked country located in South America, bordered by Argentina to its west and southwest, Bolivia to its northwest, and Brazil to its northeast. The Paraguayan-Argentine border is the longest of Paraguay’s international boundaries, running along the western side of the country from the Pilcomayo River in Alto Paraguay Province… Read More »

Paraguay Manufacturing and Mining Sectors

According to pharmacylib, Paraguay is a country located in South America. It is bordered by both Argentina and Bolivia to the south and by both Brazil and Argentina to the north, east and west. Paraguay covers an area of 406,752 square kilometers and has a population of approximately 7 million people. The capital city of… Read More »

How to Get to Paraguay

There are no direct flights from Russian cities to Paraguay, you will have to get there with transfers, and you will inevitably have to choose between the duration and price of the flight. Air Europe has the best fares with a single connection in Madrid (from USD 800 round trip), but you will have to… Read More »

Paraguay Road Network

According to wholevehicles, Paraguay’s road network is not very extensive, and the length of the road network is estimated at 30,000 to 60,000 kilometers, depending on what is defined as “road”. About 15,000 kilometers of road are paved, especially in the east of the country. Few people live in the west and few roads are… Read More »

Paraguay Culture of Business

Subchapters: Introduction Addressing Business Meeting Communication Recommendations Public holidays Introduction Paraguay is a country with a hot and humid climate, which also adapts to the manner and rhythm of business negotiations. Paraguayan businessmen try to avoid risk and approach the deal slowly and gradually, carefully analyzing the situation. Personal demeanor is usually modest and unostentatious,… Read More »

Paraguay Basic Information

Basic data Capital Asunción Population 7.22 million Language Spanish, Guarani Religion 95% Christianity State system presidential republic Head of State Mario Abdo Benítez Head of government Mario Abdo Benítez Currency name Guaraní (PYG) Travel Time shift – 4 hours (in summer -6 hours) Economy 2021 Nominal GDP (billion USD) 42.2 Economic growth (%) 4.5 Inflation… Read More »

Paraguay Recent History

Colonial period. Inhabited by Indian tribes, the Paraguay was visited between 1521 and 1526 by the expedition led by the Spanish A. García, followed by that of S. Caboto (1526-32). In 1537 Asunción was founded, a Spanish stronghold against Portuguese expansion and a starting point for expeditions to conquer the southern regions of the American… Read More »

GMAT Test Centers in Paraguay

GMAT Testing Location We have found 1 GMAT test centre in Paraguay, located in Asuncion. For specific test dates of 2019, please refer to the end of this page. Centro Cultural Paraguayo Americano Espana 352 – 2nd floor – Room 314 Asuncion – Paraguay Paraguay Phone: 595-21-224831 EXT219 Test Center Information Further questions or details you… Read More »