Tag Archives: Study in Nicaragua

Of Isthmian America, Nicaragua is the largest state but has a very low population density. The particular morphology of the territory has long conditioned the life of the country; since the end of the century. XIX, in fact, the United States took an interest in Nicaragua to open a passage that connected the two oceans (the channel was later cut in Panama), in order to ensure full political control in a region of great strategic importance. Indeed, US interference in Nicaragua’s internal life has been constant; also depending economically on the USA, the country inevitably distinguished itself by a more or less marked vassalage of the various governments towards the great power. In the history of Nicaragua, therefore, all the ingredients that characterize the entire region are found: a monoproductive economy dependent on external interests (first bananas and at the beginning of the 21st century coffee and sugar cane); a scandalous concentration of wealth and widespread poverty; political conditions of instability and violence as an instrument of the dialectic between the parties. The last phase of internal conflicts, that of the revolution sandinista (which ended in 1979) and the civil war with the contras (which ended in 1990), seems to have only marginally affected this picture. the scenario that is emerging is, however, that of an economic recovery and a more equitable social reorganization, provided that the traditional equilibrium is maintained. According to COUNTRYAAH, Nicaragua is a nation in North America, the capital city of which is Managua. The latest population of Nicaragua is 6,624,565. TRANSPORTHINT: Lists and descriptions of main religions and beliefs in Nicaragua, including religion demographics and statistics on Christianity, Islam, Judaism, etc.
CLIMATE
Due to its astronomical position, between 11º and 15º lat. N, Nicaragua has a tropical climate, but largely influenced by the NE trade winds on the Caribbean front and, in the interior, mitigated by altitude. Along the Caribbean coast the average temperature is around 26 ºC with very slight diurnal and seasonal variations; the trade wind constantly invests the Caribbean side, bringing abundant rains which, more abundant in the S (4500 mm per year in the area between the San Juan and Escondido rivers), gradually decrease towards the North and inland (2600-2200 mm per year between Escondido and Río Coco, 2000-1500 mm per year on the innermost areas of the plateau). Some areas behind the Costa de Mosquitos, sheltered by low hills that block the trade winds, receive relatively little rainfall and have temperatures of over 30 ºC, with peaks even above 40 ºC. Above 600-800 m, temperatures fluctuate between 14 ºC in the highest areas and 22 ºC in the valleys. On the Pacific side, the climate is always subtropical, but with lower rainfall (on average 1500 mm per year); moreover there is a clear dry season from December to May.

Nicaragua 1987

In 1987, Nicaragua, a Central American nation with a complex history and diverse culture, was navigating a period of political, social, and economic challenges while striving to assert its sovereignty and shape its future trajectory. Geographically, Nicaragua is characterized by its diverse landscapes, including coastal plains, volcanic mountain ranges, and expansive lakes. The country’s strategic… Read More »

Nicaragua 1989

In 1989, Nicaragua, a Central American nation with a tumultuous history, was grappling with the aftermath of a devastating civil war and attempting to rebuild its society and economy. According to shoppingpicks, the country’s political landscape, economy, social conditions, and international relations were all deeply affected by the events that had transpired in the preceding… Read More »

Nicaragua 1988

Nicaragua in 1988: A Country in Transition In 1988, Nicaragua was a country in the midst of transition. It had been nearly a decade since the Sandinista National Liberation Front (FSLN) had overthrown the Somoza dictatorship and established a socialist government. However, the country was still grappling with the aftermath of its revolution and facing… Read More »

Nicaragua 1991

Population of Nicaragua in 1991 In 1991, the population of Nicaragua was estimated to be 4.2 million people. The majority of the population was of mixed Indigenous and Spanish descent, accounting for approximately 65% of the total population. The remaining 35% was made up of black and white ethnicities. Approximately half of the population lived… Read More »

Nicaragua 1992

Population of Nicaragua in 1992 Nicaragua is a country located in Central America, bordered by Honduras to the north and Costa Rica to the south. In 1992, Nicaragua had an estimated population of 4,370,000 people, making it the most populous country in Central America. Approximately 60% of the population was under 25 years old, with… Read More »

Nicaragua 1993

Population of Nicaragua in 1993 In 1993, the population of Nicaragua was around 4.3 million people and was growing at an annual rate of 2.9%. The majority of the population was Mestizos, which made up about 69% of the total population. The remaining 31% were divided among Whites, Native Americans, African-Nicaraguans (Afro-Nicaraguans), and other racial… Read More »

Nicaragua 1994

Population of Nicaragua in 1994 In 1994, Nicaragua was a nation of approximately 4.5 million people with a population that had grown steadily since the 1980s. It was primarily composed of indigenous people, Afro-Nicaraguans, Mestizos and other ethnic minorities. The largest city in Nicaragua during this time was Managua which had a population of around… Read More »

Nicaragua Demographics

Nicaragua is a Central American country located on the Caribbean coast of Central America, bordered by Honduras to the north and Costa Rica to the south. It has an area of 130,370 km2 and a population of 6.5 million people. The capital city is Managua, which is also the largest city in Nicaragua. Nicaragua has… Read More »

Nicaragua Foreign Trade

Nicaragua is located in Central America and bordered by both the Caribbean Sea and the Pacific Ocean. It is one of the largest countries in Central America, with an area of 130,370 km2. The terrain consists mostly of mountains with some narrow plains along the coasts. The climate is tropical in the lowlands and cooler… Read More »

Nicaragua Industry Sectors

According to payhelpcenter, Nicaragua is a Central American country located in the southern part of the continent, bordered by Honduras to the north, Costa Rica to the south and the Caribbean Sea and Pacific Ocean to the east and west respectively. It has an area of 129,494 km2 (49,998 sq mi) and is home to… Read More »

Nicaragua Road Network

Internal conflict has meant that a good road network has never really taken off, especially in eastern Nicaragua, along the Mosquito Coast, where there are virtually no roads. The road network is also not closed in other parts of the country, there are more than 3,000 kilometers of paved road. The main road runs from… Read More »

Nicaragua Culture of Business

Subchapters: Introduction Addressing Business Meeting Communication Recommendations Public holidays Introduction Although business ethics are increasingly approaching the standards valid in Europe and the USA, Czech entrepreneurs may encounter a number of peculiarities resulting from different cultural and social conditions and business practices. Addressing The initial contact is quite formal in Nicaragua, both written communication and… Read More »

Nicaragua Basic Information

Basic data Capital Managua Population miles (2021) Language Spanish Religion Christianity State system presidential republic Head of State José Daniel Ortega Saavedra Head of government José Daniel Ortega Saavedra Currency name Nicaraguan Córdoba (NIO) Travel Time shift -7h (in summer -8h) Economy 2021 Nominal GDP (billion USD) 14.01 Economic growth (%) 10.3 Inflation (%) 7.2… Read More »

Nicaragua Recent History

Since 1973 the territory (comarca) of Cabo Gracias a Dios has been incorporated into the department of Zelaya. According to Homosociety, between the 1963 and 1971 censuses the residents they rose from 1,524,027 to 1,911,543, with an average annual increase of 3.2%. In 1975, according to an estimate, there were 2,318,000, with an average density… Read More »

TOEFL Test Centers in Nicaragua

The TOEFL iBT test is offered in this location. The list below shows testing regions, fees and dates as of February 15, 2019, but availability may change when you register. Fees are shown in US$ and are subject to change without notice. To find the most up-to-date list of available test centers (including addresses), dates and times, click the button… Read More »