Tag Archives: Study in Estonia

Overlooking the easternmost arm of the Baltic Sea, extending over a small area, devoid of natural barriers to separate it from neighboring Russia (with the exception of the great Lake of Ciudi) and not particularly rich in natural resources, Estonia did not have the lot the physical requirements necessary to be able to defend against the assaults of the invaders. In fact the country, inhabited since very ancient times by a population of Finno-Ugric origin, that Tacitus he was the first to call Aestii, hence the name of the current state, it was occupied starting from 1217 by the Danes and the Teutonic Order of Sword-holder Knights, then by the Swedes, and, following the 1721 Treaty of Nystadt, by the Russians. And forced russification is the distinctive feature of Estonian history before independence, suffered both at the time of the tsars, and, in a more invasive and despotic form, after integration into the USSR. (starting from 1940), with the arrival of thousands of Russian settlers and the flight or forced deportation of as many Estonian citizens. The independence, achieved by the country in 1991 following the crumbling of the USSR, marked the beginning of a nationalistic revenge of the country and of a progressive economic and political detachment from the cumbersome neighbor. The right-wing government has from the beginning conducted a policy aimed at discriminating against the large Russian minority present in the territory and has adopted its own currency. In foreign policy the country was admitted in 2004 to both the EU and NATO. If economically the disappearance of the USSR caused inevitable damage to the national economy, Western countries have trusted the Baltic Republic with aid and investments, contributing to its economic and financial recovery. Estonia is one of the few former Soviet republics that has not joined the CIS. According to COUNTRYAAH, Estonia is a nation in Northern Europe, the capital city of which is Tallinn. The latest population of Estonia is 1,326,546. MYSTERYAROUND: Lists and descriptions of main religions and beliefs in Estonia, including religion demographics and statistics on Christianity, Islam, Judaism, etc.
Estonia is the smallest, most northerly and most maritime of the Baltic Republics (the group of former Soviet states bordering the Baltic formed by Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania). Its coasts extend for 625 km and are generally low and sandy. The region is mainly flat, interrupted only in the eastern and southern sections by modest moraine reliefs (max altitude 318 m), rich in rivers and artificial and natural lakes, of which the largest are Lake Peipsi (Lake Ciudi), in common with Russia, fourth in Europe by extension, and Vörts (Vyrts). A significant percentage of the national territory consists of the numerous islands (there are more than 1500) located in front of the west coast, the largest of which are Saaremaa, Hiiumaa, Muhu and Vormsi. The marshy areas cover about one fifth of the entire surface, rich in basins of glacial origin. The rivers have hilly origins and flow into the sea after short journeys. The largest are the Narva, emissary of Lake Ciudi, and the Pärnu, which flow into the Gulf of Finland and the Gulf of Riga respectively.. The climate is affected by Atlantic influences along the coast and continental ones in the interior. The presence of the Baltic Sea, which is frozen for many months of the year, has only a partially mitigating function. Precipitation is concentrated mainly in the summer months. The average annual temperature varies from 6 ° C on the islands to approx. 4 ° C in inland areas, falling in the winter months from –3 to –7 ° C.

Estonia 1980

In 1980, Estonia was one of the three Baltic republics, alongside Latvia and Lithuania, that made up the Estonian Soviet Socialist Republic, a part of the larger Soviet Union. Estonia, despite being under Soviet control, had a distinct history and culture, and the 1980s marked a period of growing national consciousness and resistance to Soviet… Read More »

Estonia 1981

In 1981, Estonia was one of the three Baltic States and a constituent republic of the Soviet Union. Its history was marked by a complex interplay of Soviet control, Estonian national identity, and the struggle for independence. In this description, we will explore the political situation, society, economy, and culture of Estonia during this period.… Read More »

Estonia 1982

Estonia in 1982: A Glimpse into the Soviet Era In 1982, Estonia was one of the three Baltic states, alongside Latvia and Lithuania, that were under Soviet control. It was a period marked by Soviet domination, suppression of national identity, and limited economic and political freedoms. This comprehensive overview delves into the political landscape, societal… Read More »

Estonia 1983

In 1983, Estonia was one of the three Baltic States, along with Latvia and Lithuania, and it was part of the Soviet Union. The country, known as the Estonian Soviet Socialist Republic, was in the midst of a period marked by Soviet rule, limited political freedom, and a struggling economy. Here is an overview of… Read More »

Estonia 1984

In 1984, Estonia was a constituent republic of the Soviet Union, situated in the northeastern part of Europe along the Baltic Sea. Despite its relatively small size, Estonia had a rich history and a distinct cultural identity that persisted even under Soviet rule. The year 1984 marked a period of deep Soviet influence, but it… Read More »

Estonia 1985

In 1985, Estonia was one of the republics that constituted the Soviet Union, and its social, political, and economic conditions were heavily influenced by its status as a part of the communist bloc. Situated in the Baltic region of Northern Europe, Estonia’s situation in 1985 was characterized by its integration into the Soviet system, cultural… Read More »

Estonia 1990

Population of Estonia in 1990 In 1990, Estonia had a population of 1.5 million people. The majority of the population were ethnic Estonians, making up around 65% of the population. The remaining 35% of the population was comprised mainly of Russians, Ukrainians, Belarusians and Finns. According to watchtutorials, the majority of Estoians lived in urban… Read More »

Estonia 1986

Estonia in 1986: Navigating Soviet Rule and National Identity In 1986, Estonia, a Baltic nation situated in Northern Europe, was a part of the Soviet Union, experiencing the challenges and complexities of living under Soviet rule. The year offered a glimpse into the political, social, and cultural dynamics that shaped Estonia’s identity during this period.… Read More »

Estonia 1987

In 1987, Estonia was a part of the Soviet Union, and the nation was undergoing a period of significant social, cultural, and political change. Located in the Baltic region of Northern Europe, Estonia was grappling with the legacy of decades under Soviet rule while also experiencing a growing sense of national identity and a burgeoning… Read More »

Estonia 1989

In 1989, Estonia, a small Baltic nation located in Northern Europe, was a part of the Soviet Union, which had exerted its control over the country since World War II. Despite being under Soviet rule, Estonia managed to preserve its unique cultural identity and historical legacy, setting the stage for its eventual independence in the… Read More »

Estonia 1988

Estonia in 1988: A Turning Point in History Introduction: In the late 1980s, Estonia, a small Baltic nation, found itself at the forefront of a historic movement. Amidst the crumbling Soviet Union, Estonia was experiencing a wave of political and cultural awakening. This period marked a pivotal moment in the country’s history, as its people… Read More »

Estonia 1991

Population of Estonia in 1991 In 1991, Estonia had a population of 1.6 million people. Of this population, 56% were ethnic Estonian while 44% belonged to other ethnic groups. The largest minority group was Russian, comprising 37% of the total population. Other minority groups included Ukrainians, Belarusians, Finns and Latvians. The majority of the population… Read More »

Estonia 1992

Population of Estonia in 1992 In 1992, the population of Eritrea was around 3.5 million people. It was a predominantly rural population with about 70 percent living in rural areas and the remaining 30 percent living in urban areas. The majority of the population were ethnic Tigrayans, with smaller numbers of Afar, Saho, Hedareb, and… Read More »

Estonia 1993

Population of Estonia in 1993 According to ethnicityology, in 1993, the population of Estonia was estimated at 1.5 million people. The majority of the population was ethnic Estonians, representing around 68% of the overall population. Russians were the largest minority group, making up nearly a quarter (24%) of the total population. Other minority groups included… Read More »

Estonia 1994

Population of Estonia in 1994 The population of Estonia in 1994 was estimated to be 1,529,919 people. This was a significant increase from the 1,415,681 people recorded in the 1989 census. The majority of the population (82%) were ethnic Estonians while Russians and other ethnic minorities comprised the remaining 18%. In terms of age groups,… Read More »

Estonia Demographics

Estonia is a small country located in Northern Europe, bordered by the Baltic Sea, Gulf of Finland, and Latvia. It is the northernmost and smallest of the three Baltic states. Estonia has a population of 1.3 million people and covers an area of 45,227 square kilometers (17,462 square miles). The capital city is Tallinn. Estonia… Read More »

Estonia Foreign Trade

Estonia is a small country situated in Northern Europe, bordering the Baltic Sea and Gulf of Finland. It is bordered by Latvia to the south, Russia to the east, and Finland to the north. With an area of 45,227 km2 (17,462 sq mi), Estonia is one of the smallest countries in Europe. Despite its small… Read More »

Estonia Industry Sectors

According to ehistorylib, Estonia is a small European country located on the eastern coast of the continent. It has a total area of 45,227 km2 (17,462 sq mi) and a population of approximately 1.3 million people. The capital city is Tallinn and it is home to the country’s largest port. Estonia’s two main bordering countries… Read More »

Estonia Manufacturing and Mining Sectors

According to ehealthfacts, Estonia is located in Northern Europe. It is bordered by the Gulf of Finland and Baltic Sea to the north, Latvia to the south, and Russia to the east. The capital of Estonia is Tallinn which is located near Baltic Sea coast. Other major cities include Tartu in southeastern Estonia near Latvian… Read More »

Top 10 Lowest Countries in the World

Every country has its own landscape: from high mountains to vast beaches. In addition, some countries have a higher elevation than others. Do you want to know which countries have the lowest average location in the world? Then read on, because you will discover it in these top 10 lowest countries in the world. Check businesscarriers for list of… Read More »

Estonia Road Network

Estonia’s main road network (click to enlarge). According to wholevehicles, the road network in Estonia is not very extensive, which is due to the low population density. One third of Estonia’s residents live in Tallinn. Officially there are no motorways (kiirteed), but a number of roads do meet this qualification: in particular route 1 from… Read More »

Estonia Culture of Business

Subchapters: Introduction Addressing Business Meeting Communication Recommendations Public Holidays Introduction Estonia is the northernmost of the three Baltic states, but it very proudly considers itself a “Nordic” country, not an Eastern European country. Estonians are patriots and nationalists. They want to be winners in business and show how competent they are. They understand that building… Read More »

Estonia Basic Information

Basic information about the territory Subchapters: System of governance and political tendencies in the country Foreign policy of the country Population The system of governance and political tendencies in the country Official name of the country: Republic of Estonia (Eesti Vabariik, Republic of Estonia) Statehood was declared on 24/02/1918, independence was restored on 20/08/1991. The… Read More »

Estonia Religion, Geography, Politics and Population

Religion in Estonia Most of the believing population are adherents of the Lutheran Church, there are Orthodox, Baptists, Methodists and Catholics. Transport in Estonia Estonia can be reached by plane, train (the journey from Moscow will be 15 hours) or by bus from St. Petersburg. Express buses run between cities, which are very comfortable. In… Read More »

History of Estonia

According to historyaah, the scattered Estonian tribes inhabiting the territory of modern Estonia were mainly engaged in agriculture, cattle breeding and fishing. The advance of the Germans in an easterly direction in the 12th century. influenced the fate of the Estonians, in the 13th-16th centuries. their lands were conquered by the German crusaders and included… Read More »

Estonia Travel Facts

Estonia is located on the Baltic Sea and borders Russia and Latvia. The Baltic country has beautiful national parks and is a very interesting and inexpensive travel destination, especially for nature lovers. Estonia sees itself as a digital society from which many Western European countries could learn a lesson. Capital City Tallinn Size 45,339 km²… Read More »

IELTS Test Centers in Estonia

IELTS Testing Centres in Estonia In total, there are 2 test locations in Estonia that offer IELTS exams. You can select the one which is closer to you. There are two types of test format available for IELTS exams: paper-based or computer-delivered. For both formats, the Speaking Section is done with a real IELTS examiner… Read More »

GRE Test Centers in Estonia

GRE Testing Locations Decided to take GRE exam? Now it is time to determine where to take the test.  This site provides a full list of GRE testing centers in Estonia, among which, you can choose one that is nearest to you. Good news is that the following GRE test locations in Estonia offer both GRE… Read More »

SAT Test Centers and Dates in Estonia

According to the College Board, there are 2 test centers for SAT and SAT Subject Tests in Estonia. Please note that before you register either of the SAT exams, you should choose your test date and test location. Each testing location is affiliated with an educational institution, such as high school, community college, or university.… Read More »