SAT Test Dates
SAT Test Dates and Centers
There are numerous test centers around the world that offer the SAT and SAT Subject Tests.
- Providers in Germany, Austria and Switzerland: mostly international schools
- Exam dates: six dates a year; One appointment in January, May, June, October, November and December respectively
- Combination of SAT and SAT Subject Tests: up to three SAT Subject Tests in addition to the general SAT are possible on one examination date
Which test centers offer the desired exam date can be viewed on the official SAT website of the College Board. There, students can online to about four weeks before the desired date for the SAT log.
SAT Test Dates 2020-2021
Important: These are the international dates for the general SAT Reasoning Test. This test is to be distinguished from the subject-specific SAT Subject Tests (e.g. in biology or chemistry).
After some test dates had to be canceled due to Covid-19 and there was uncertainty for a long time, there is now a fixed schedule for the rest of the year with an additional date in September. Registration is now possible again; however, due to the “backlog”, many test centers can quickly reach the limits of their capacity. We therefore recommend that you register as soon as possible (as of June 4th).
- August 29, 2020 (registration from May 28)
- Additional date: September 26, 2020 (registration from May 28)
- October 3, 2020 (registration from May 28)
- 5th December 2020
- March 13, 20201
- May 8, 2021
Note: The international cost of the SAT test is currently 100 US dollars (including the essay component). The SAT results are usually available 2-3 weeks after the appointment.
Costs and payment options
The SAT (Scholastic Assessment Test) generally costs US $ 100. For inspections outside the United States be additional fees due. In Germany, Austria and Switzerland these are currently US $ 35.
A registration fee of US $ 24.50 is charged for SAT Subject Tests, and US $ 13 for each SAT Subject Test module. A language module with a listening comprehension section costs US $ 24. The additional fees for exams outside the USA of US $ 35 also apply here.
The total price is US $ 86 for the SAT and US $ 72.50 to US $ 83.50 for a SAT Subject Test. For each additional subject test, US $ 13 or US $ 24 are added.
The payment of the fee is currently by credit card, PayPal, check (only one account at a US bank) or bank draft possible.
SAT and SAT Subject Tests
The Scholastic Assessment Test checks the three areas Mathematics, Critical Reading and Creative Writing. In addition to this general SAT examination, there are also the so-called SAT Subject Tests with subject-specific examination modules. These supplement the general part and are also mandatory at some US universities.
The SAT Subject Tests can be taken in up to three examination modules. There are 20 exam modules from five subject areas (English, history, languages, math and science) to choose from.
Before you start to prepare for the SAT, you should clarify whether the general SAT at the university of your choice is sufficient or whether additional SAT subject tests are necessary.
SAT Test Structure (Scholastic Assessment Test)
The general SAT takes 3 hours and 45 minutes, whereas the SAT Subject Tests take one hour.
General SAT Test
The time required for the general SAT is divided into three areas as follows:
- The critical reading section takes up 70 minutes. Here you have to answer multiple-choice questions about given text passages and complete sentences.
- 70 minutes are also available for the mathematics exam. There are mostly multiple-choice questions and some tasks without predefined answer options.
- The writing exam is scheduled to last 60 minutes. The task here is to write an essay, correct mistakes in given sentences and improve sentences in the context of the entire paragraph or text.
SAT Subject Tests
The SAT Subject Tests contain multiple choice questions on the respective subject area.
Special features apply to some modules: the language modules, for example, have a part of the examination on listening comprehension. A CD player with earplugs is required for this. A pocket calculator (preferably graphic) must be brought along with the math modules. The test participants will of course receive all the information they need to bring along in advance.