- Business Meeting
- Public Holidays
In Kyrgyzstan, business, as in most Asian countries, also has a certain social aspect, and acceptance of customs is the first prerequisite for success. It must be taken into account that personal contact with a potential business partner cannot be dispensed with. Last but not least, you also need to speak Russian well. Sending a lot of e-mails in English accompanied by links to websites certainly does not lead to business success.
- Programingplease: Yearbook 2010 of nation Kyrgyzstan, including population, politics, and abbreviations.
It is advisable to address partners in RJ, i.e. in the first name and patronymic format.
An important point is that the society in Kyrgyzstan is relatively patriarchal, and especially the initial contacts on a personal level should be made more by men. Working hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (official), in private companies according to the owner’s decision.
It is not a good idea to underestimate your potential partners, they may not speak English well and do not have theoretical discussions about international business, but for that they are very well versed in local conditions and can give advice very well thanks to contacts with their relatives and acquaintances.
Furthermore, it must be taken into account that Kyrgyzstan is a comparatively poorer country with elements of an Eastern way of thinking. This is, for example, accuracy, the ability to comply not only with verbal but also with written agreements, etc. When communicating with Kyrgyz partners, preference should be given to personal contact or phone calls. If written communication is necessary, the printed form is more suitable, e-mails attach relatively less weight, especially in terms of response speed.
It is advisable to find out the religious orientation of the partner and from this derive an approach regarding possible activities outside the office and alcohol consumption. The dress code is comparable to Europe.
State language Kyrgyz, official language Russian. The languages are listed as equal. The other most commonly used languages are Uzbek and Farsi in the south. In business negotiations, the main Russian language is used, English is very little widespread. For this reason, an interpreter for RJ is a must.
Communication taboos include opening up religious issues and criticizing KG as a country. The Kyrgyz often have a positive attitude towards the former USSR, so it is not appropriate to criticize it too strictly. Visit Animalerts for more information about Kyrgyzstan culture and traditions.
In Kyrgyzstan, good personal contacts are important to promote the offered goods. It is necessary to strengthen these contacts periodically, because key persons important for the sale of the offered production can leave and come, for example, from the Chamber of Commerce and Industry to other posts at the Ministry of Economy KG, but they usually retain ties and contacts when they leave. If personal contact is not possible, the preferred way of communication is via mobile phones, preferably using the WhatsApp application.
It is important to have a partner on the KG market who knows the local conditions and who usually has good contacts. When entering the Kyrgyz market, a careful check of the partner’s creditworthiness and increased attention to payment terms are especially necessary. It is also possible to encounter bad payment morals, non-compliance with concluded agreements and, in the case of legal disputes, lengthy proceedings. In many cases, the overall poor financial situation is limiting for the further development of perspective projects. It is necessary to take into account the very limited consumer goods market and the low purchasing power of the population. The currency used for business payments is the Kyrgyz som and the US dollar.
- 1.1 New Year
- 7.1. Christmas (Orthodox)
- 2 Defender of the Fatherland Day
- 8. 3. International Women’s Day
- 21. 3. National holiday of Nooruz
- 7. 4. National April Revolution Day
- 5.1 Labor Day
- 5. 5. Constitution Day of the Kyrgyz Republic
- 9.5. Day of victory
- 3 Independence Day of the Kyrgyz Republic
- 7. 11. and 8.11. Ancestral History and Memory Days
Two other Muslim holidays “Orozo Ait” and “Kurman Ait” are defined by the lunar calendar.
If the holiday falls on a weekend day (Sunday), the day off is transferred to the next working day after the holiday.
- Contacts to Czech embassies in the territory
- Practical telephone numbers (emergency services, police, firefighters, information lines, etc.)
- Important Internet links and contacts
Contacts at the embassies of the Czech Republic in the territory
Embassy of the Czech Republic in Nur-Sultan (with accreditation for Kyrgyzstan):
Kabanbay Batyr Avenue 15/1, Business Center Q2, 010000 Nur-Sultan, Republic of Kazakhstan +7 7172 986828, e-mail: [email protected] cz
The commercial and economic section is located at the embassy in Nur-Sultan +7 7172 986828, e-mail: [email protected]
Honorary Consulate of the Czech Republic in the KyrgyzRepublic:
Razzakova 15,720 040, Bishkek tel.: +996 550 77 66 25 [email protected]
Practical telephone numbers (emergency services, police, firemen, information lines, etc.)
- Firefighters 101
- Police 102
- Fast doctor. help 103
- Quick medical assistance paid 151
- Rescuers 110, 161
- Taxi 152, 156
- International Information Service 160
- Information 109, 106
- Gas accident 104
Important web links and contacts
- KG Govt
- Ministry of Health and Social Development KG
- Ministry of Justice KG
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs KG
- Ministry of Defense KG
- Ministry of the Interior KG
- State Committee on Energy, Industry and Oil Use KG
- Ministry of Economy and Trade KG
- Ministry of Finance KG
- Ministry of Agriculture KG
- Ministry of Education and Science KG
- Ministry for Emergency Situations KG
- KG Ministry of Digital Development
- Ministry of Labour, Social Security and Migration KG
- Ministry of Culture, Information, Sports and Youth Policy KG
- Ministry of Natural Resources, Ecology and Technical Supervision KG
- State Committee of National Security KG
- State Office for Architecture, Construction and Public Management
- State tax service KG
- State Customs Service KG
- Ministry of Education and Science KG
- State Geological Service KG
- Official website of the city of Bishkek
- Knati Kabar (news agency)
- Evening Bishkek (newspaper)
- Statistical data of KG