The news was already in the air for several days now but the confirmation comes directly from ASUS: the new Italian Transformer Pad Infinity will hit stores in July, to coincide with another highly anticipated ASUS product, namely the Padfone.
Let’s recap so those are the specifications of the pad Infinity:
- Android OS 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Full HD display (1920 × 1080) 10.1 LED-backlit Super IPS + 2, 600 nit brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass in sunlight, viewing angle 178°
- Processor: Wi-Fi only version 3 from 1.6 GHz quad-core NVIDIA Tegra
- 64 GB internal memory
- 1 GB RAM memory
- 8 Megapixel rear camera with Aperture f/2.2, LED Flash and autofocus, camera 2 MPx front
- Rear speaker with SonicMaster technology
- Dimensions 108.8 x (tablet): 263 x 8.5 mm
- Weight (tablet): profile
- Dimensions (dock): 263 x 108.8 x 8 mm
- Weight (dock): 537g
- Dimensions 108.8 x 17.2 x 263 (total):
- Weight (overall): 1123g
- Operating time up to 16 hours with docking station
The product will be sold only in WiFi and LTE version, thus excluding the 3 g version will not be deployed on Italian soil. Very interesting though about it is Asus Italy’s comment on Facebook:
The 3 g version will not be marketed. 4 g version will come directly, but after the summer, but not before launching LTE services here in Italy.
Please note that the LTE version of Transformer Pad Infinity differs from the Wi-Fi only even in the technical data, replacing the nVidia Tegra SoC 3 with one dual-core Snapdragon S4, then in a few months (by Christmas?) we might have two variants to choose the first full HD tablets from Asus.
We advise you, should you wish to learn more, review our test at MCW in Barcelona.